Friday, May 1, 2015

It's Almost Release Day



A Gypsy's Kiss will release May 11, 2015. Join the Facebook Release day event and enter to win some cool swag, books, and other prizes. There will be guest authors giving away some of their goodies as well. 

There's only 11 days until the release and I can't wait, so here is a little excerpt and pre-order links below. This is the first book in a new series, The Sectorium, and there will be seven more books coming over the next several months and years.  If you're a fan of New Adult, paranormal and sports romance, I think you're going to love this book.

Here are a few beta reader comments:

"I think this is one of the must reads of 2015!" 
"I loved this story of magic and love that transcends everything! These two overcome so much together and Susan Griscom is at her best yet again!" 
"Looking for your next new book boyfriend? Hawk may just be it. He's one of the 'good guys' with a cocky edge that just make you melt."

A recent review:
"This was a great story.
A college gal trying to make extra money telling fortunes. A college hockey player, center and captain of the team.
What do they have in common?
They both have powers that have to be kept secret. 
Hawk seeks out Breena to help him with a problem that he can't quite see. Falling in love was never in the cards.
This was a well written story and I was laughing, crying, and falling in love.
Definitely a must read."


Check back here, Facebook, or my newsletter for updates on some other new releases. 

Don't forget Beautifully Wounded is only 99 cents for a limited time and stay tuned for news on Beautifully Neglected, Book 3 in The Beaumont Brothers Series.

A Gypsy's Kiss Excerpt


Home games were always more exciting as the crimson and gold colors dominated the stands. As I skated around the rink during warm-up, I couldn’t help but glance up at the seats behind our bench every time I skated by; still hoping to see Breena’s smiling face. But I knew better. I didn’t expect to see her there now. Not after all this time. 

A quarter in to the third period, we were down one goal. I hadn’t been into the game at all. I’d even missed an easy shot on goal, and the puck had gone just right of the net. On top of that, I was doing horribly in the faceoff circle. The puck soared across the ice toward me. I tracked it this time. I wasn’t in the mood to play games, and I didn’t want to lose this one. It might be cheating, but I figured I’d just be making up for the crap way I’d played the first two periods. I owed my team my best. As I took control of the puck and headed down toward the opposing team’s goal, I got checked in the side and slammed into the boards with a jolt. The asswipe jammed his elbow into my lower back, causing me to become completely incapacitated for a few seconds, and forcing me to my knees. 

The ref hadn’t seen the elbow shot, so there was no penalty. I eyed the jerk, number four, and swore under my breath. As I skated toward the bench to take a sorely needed break, the coach saw me and sent in Dexter Green to take my place. That’s when I saw Breena sitting in the seat behind the bench. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of her. I was glad she was there. I was stupid to think I’d be able to go without seeing her again. I sent her a smile, and she gave me a timid smile back.

After my brief recuperation period, I went back into the game. A few minutes later, the ref blew his whistle for icing against the other team. That meant there would be a face-off. I skated to the spot on the ice where the referee held the puck. I had to face-off with the asswipe who’d elbowed me in the back, number four. Part of the fun of hockey was the violence, and learning to navigate through the complex systems and labyrinths of physical contact while still adhering to the code. An unwritten set of rules that had been handed down from generation to generation. The code picked up where the rulebook left off. 

With my stick down on the ice and ready, number four put his stick down. The puck fell, and I got to it, sending it over to Tex, who took it down the ice. I skated to the corner and Tex shot the puck over to me. Number four came at me again, his gloved hand on his stick right at the level of my balls. I pivoted to my right, and he got me in the hip. This time, I dropped my stick and slung out a punch. When a player challenges another, that player must answer the call and stand up for his team. Number four was doing his best to show me up. Fights can turn the tide of the game and create momentum. This fight would be more than just my retaliation, it would also spark some energy for the team. Something we needed if we were going to win this game. 

His first punch struck me on the left side of my jaw. Next thing I knew, our gloves were off and I’d sent out a punch to his face, my knuckles colliding with the side of his mouth. His helmet flew off. I took another punch to the face, which almost sent me to the ice as my own helmet rolled away, but I managed to stay up on my skates and got in a few more slugs before we were doing the fighter hug, my fist still pounding into his neck and chin. The battle was eventually stopped by the refs, and both number four and I headed to the penalty box. We each had five minutes to sit and brood. At least the teams were evenly numbered and there wouldn’t be any power play by the other team. I turned to glance at Breena. She looked worried. She needn’t worry about me, and I didn’t want her to worry, but it made me feel excellent that she might be concerned. It had been a hockey fight. Nothing more. It happened all the time. I sent her my best cocky grin, and she rolled her eyes. 

Pre-Order links:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/a-gypsys-kiss/id979644080?mt=11
Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Gypsys-Kiss-Sectorium-Book-ebook/dp/B00V7DMMLY/
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/a-gypsy-s-kiss
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/2940046290783
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/a-gypsy-s-kiss
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/529897

This month's winner of a signed print copy of one of my books is Vanessa Covarrubias. Congratulations! 


Thanks for reading,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my sensual side. I love reading your comments and will try to respond as quickly as possible.